Joshua and Russell Creative Media has the philosophy that art is meant to be seen and not hoarded. Our licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing our images with the desire to provide inspiration through our images on the internet and around the world.
Russell Creative Media allows the use of Josh's images in two ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
• To Share: copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
• To Adapt: remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under these conditions:
• Attribution: You must give appropriate credit to Joshua Russell and Russell Creative Media, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
• Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For further clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
• Share Alike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License:
• Blog Post describing a trip to Paris
• Online article discussing the growing popularity of HDR photography
• A website for a school project about the use of light in art
• An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
Use the following link for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) License Summary.
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Russell Creative Media. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
• Media – print, web, television, etc.
• Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
• Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
• Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
Licensing inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
• A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
• A fund-raising campaign for a not-for-profit entity
• A background image for a website about furniture
• License to create an individual print for use in a private home